Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Post: Cover Page and Moving Forward with a Beta Test



Well the first post on this blog comes along just before the final push on finishing up the book. I just sent off a pdf to some beta testers to read with their kids. Depending on the feedback I receive I may be ready to publish on time. It should be around next weekend if things go all right. I wish there were a pay-what-you-want option with Smashwords, but they don't offer one anymore. Instead I'll schedule some months when it will be free and will charge in the beginning only as a way to let people show support if they want to.

The picture heading this post is the cover image I'm going with. I tried another with fuzzy bear fur letters for the word "Bear," but my brother and I didn't like the way it looked. I also added a border which I hadn't originally wanted. Many websites (like Amazon and Smashwords) have white backgrounds and I think the thumbnail will look better this way.

Making the book was a lot of fun. Since I've been caught up in reading about publishing and taxes, I'm excited to start drawing the next one. I have a Japanese title for it, but I have to figure out the English one. I've got some rewriting to do as well, as I lost my original Japanese manuscript, but I think that's really a blessing as I already like the new direction I plan on going with it. I'll be posting about it as I make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment