Sunday, October 27, 2013

ひとりゴート Ink Progress


Well this is my haul from inking this weekend. I'm just shy of finishing half of the pictures. I may tweak these here and there, but this is basically it. There are ten pictures here, but two of them are on the backs of others. I did a test scan to see how nicely that would play with my scanner and it does bleed through a little, but I fixed it with almost no effort by shuffling contrast and brightness bars. So for these black and white scans it definitely won't be a problem. I'm thinking that it won't bleed through at all after I do the crayons, but the worst case scenario would have me redrawing two pictures. A slight pain in the butt. Far from the end of the world.

Mid-ink thoughts--I expected to get tired of drawing goats while working on this book, but that hasn't been the case. It's the grass. I'm tired of drawing grass. So much of it. I like the look of it and all, but my hand is killing me.

I haven't got a strict deadline for this book, but I want to finish soon so I can work on other projects. I'm still considering my options on how to publish. Going to try traditional publishing first and if that doesn't pan out, I'll try print on-demand with crowd funding. Making it an eBook would be a last resort. Since it's drawn in landscape, I think it would look terrible on most e-readers.

Inks should be done by the end of the week. I leave for a vacation in Hawaii on Saturday and when I come back I want to be doing the crayons. There's a big touch panel expo coming up that my company is going to have a booth at though. Overtime might limit my output this week. Here's hoping it doesn't.

Cheers, ya'll!

Group shot minus the ones on the backs. Below you'll find pages 1-10 all in order.









No comments:

Post a Comment